ssLinks is no longer supported, however it can still be downloaded from here:
Download sslinks-v122.zip (42 KB)
A replacement for ssLinks, IncDirectory, is currently in the final stages of development.
ssLinks is an open source PHP and mySQL powered links database which allows
users to run a database driven categorised links section on a web site -
similar in structure to Yahoo or any other categorised links collection.
- Fully database driven utilising mySQL.
- Full template system allowing you to control the HTML output of the script
without needing to alter any of the PHP code.
- Easily customisable if you wish to alter the script in any way.
- Very easy to admin via the web - log in and add / edit categories and links.
- Visitors to your site can recommend new links, which you can then validate.
- Allows visitors to rate your links from 1-10, and displays average rating.
- Rating a link more than once is discouraged using cookies.
- Number of hits each link has received is recorded and displayed.
- Very easy to set up and use, thanks to an installation script and config file.
- Built in Search Feature.
- Most popular, top rated and newest links pages.
- It's Open Sourced under the GPL :o)
The script was partly inspired by Links 2.0 from Gossamer Threads - an excellent PERL links management script.
New in Version 1.22
Several bug fixes:
- The elusive top rated SQL error has finally been squashed :o)
(thanks freakysid on www.sitepointforums.com)
- Login form now uses META tag redirect instead of standard
header method - this prevents conflicts with the cookie header
which may have prevented some browsers from logging in.
New in Version 1.21
Version 1.21 is now available, and offers a range of new features as well as some bug fixes. Upgrading from version 1.1 shouldn't be a problem as the archive includes an upgrade script to make the necessary database table modifications.
- Fixed the problem with submitted links that had not yet been validated
being included in the routine that counts the number of links in each
- New template system has eliminated virtually all hard coded HTML from
- ssLinks can now display the number of links in a category including
all links in sub categories of that category.
- Various minor bug fixes.